home about etsy advertising parties awards

Thursday, October 24, 2013

ooh miss martha...

So, again, Martha Stewart has caused quite a stir with bloggers everywhere.

I have to say when I saw the video clip of her interview, I too was offended.

In case you haven't heard, this is what she said....

“Who are those bloggers? They’re not trained editors at Vogue Magazine. Writing recipes that aren’t tested, that aren’t necessarily very good. Or are copies of everything that really good editors have created and done. Bloggers create a popularity but they are not the experts.”

Not like I feel like I have to defend myself, but I feel justified in having a little vent session.

I have been blogging for a few years now and I personally have never tried to portray myself as a professional or an expert. I know what I know, I know works for me and I know what I don't know, which is a lot.


 
I also have never come across a blogger who has claimed to be an expert either.
 
No we are not Vogue editors or trained professionals.
 
(But then again, neither is Martha. Last I checked she learned to sew from her grandmother and her mom taught her to cook)
 
We are REAL LIFE PEOPLE.
We are mother's, wives, some of us work, we provide for our family a loving home, cooked meals, a loving heart...
 
The blogging community is a huge community of friends and extended family.


 
The reason I blog is because I enjoy the community we have created as bloggers. We are all friends, a sort of extended family that we can turn to talk, to discuss things, to get advise, to share recipes and our successes and fails. The blogging community has been a great source to turn to for everything and anything and with so many of us out there, you can get so many points of view. No one said they are right, infact some even may say they are wrong.

I have found some great friends blogging and I am so greatful for the relationships that I created blogging. I guess that's part of the reason I took offense to what Martha said.

Anyway, that is my little rant about it, and I'm still proud to be a blogger and proud of all my blogging friends.

Not like I could afford any of her things in the first place, but this just secures why I will never buy Martha Stewart products.


 I'm liking up my thoughts with Juggling Act Mama
{HERE}
 
 
 


2 comments:

Patty said...

Wow, I hadn't heard about this interview, but just wow. I was never a big fan of Martha to start with. My husband got me a sub to her magazine once and I never even read them. She is no better than a blogger, she just has more money.

Jessica said...

You want to hear a really funny story? I have a friend who blogs. She created the dresser with the book racks on the sides long before anyone else. Several months later, her copy of Martha Stewart Living arrives in the mail and what should she see but a copy of the dresser she created? No credit, no permission asked. She contacted MSL and they gave her some BS about "inspiration comes from everywhere" but they gave her credit for it on the website. So when I hear Martha Stewart scoff about bloggers, I have to laugh. She steals their content. Maybe not her personally, but her magazine definitely does. She doesn't have a lot of room to talk.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails