home about etsy advertising parties awards

Thursday, December 27, 2012

whats on my wish list?

Note: I started this post well before Christmas and never got around to finishing it, but I updated it at the end for a nice surprise finish.

Ya Know, just in case you were wondering or Santa was reading….

Actually some of these are on my wish list, but some of them I have stumbled across and thought would make a good gift.

Like Yankee Candle’s Sampler Votive Gift Book.

56814-gift-set-md

Wouldn’t that be great for the candle lover!

I personally have never tried these but how good do they look? And who doesn’t need lip balm? Anyone want to put an EOS Lip Balm in my stocking is more than welcome to!

img_sphere_hon

For the baker that you know, who doesn’t love the look of a domed cake plate with desserts in the kitchen?! Of course this one is from Williams Sonoma and is more than I would pay, but you can even get them at Wal-Mart. I would recommend filling it up with something first *wink*

img10b

This one is always on my wish list. I can’t bring myself to buying one or having my hubby buy one, but one of these days… it will be mine! What is it about a pretty colored Kitchen Aid Mixer?

kitchen aid mixer

These are just a few things that I wouldn’t buy for myself but would be nice to have or give as a gift.

In reality all I really want is for our bills to be paid, my grandmother to be on her way to recovery, my dad to stop the horrible cycle of drinking, for me and my lil guy’s cold to go away (I’m going on week number 3 thank you very much!!) and my hubby to finally listen to what I’m trying to tell him and HELP ME!!!!

Update starts here….

Well today is the day after Christmas and I survived, barely, but I did.

Working long days and then visiting with my grandmother in the hospital after picking my son up from school, and then going home to cook dinner proved to be more than I could do especially when you throw Christmas shopping in the mix. I very quickly lost the holiday cheer and really just wanted the holiday to be over with. I also have to mention that I am still sick! Going on 4 weeks now!! Let’s also add that my son came down with a sinus infection and because of his post nasal drip has been throwing up every night all week long! Then because of his antibiotics he had the runs for 2 days! God was with me, let me tell you.

I was frustrated with everything, mad at the world and taking it out on my family. I was at my breaking point and when my hubby says he’s going to ride bike with his friends 2 days before Christmas instead of helping me prepare for Christmas like I had been begging him to for the last 2 weeks I well, for lack of a better word, went ape shit.

To be honest we’re still not back to normal and he’s still sleeping on the couch. But if he has time to go shopping on his lunch break at the fishing supply store and the motorbike store AND spend $250 on a new pole blank for himself and then have absolutely nothing for his wife and son at Christmas because he ‘doesn’t have money or the time to shop’ this hormonal witch is standing her ground!

Thankfully my mom came over on Sunday and while my son and I were napping and cleaned up my kitchen and cooked dinner for us. What are mom’s for! Even though she makes me crazy she really does know exactly when I need her the most. I woke up to find her in my kitchen and the hubs sitting on the couch watching TV. Needless to say I blew a gasket!

I nearly did not make it to my in laws on Christmas day but I did and was surprised with….

image

A beautiful expresso Kitchen Aid Mixer! Yea Baby! Thank you mom Sheila!

We did have a nice late lunch/early dinner of prime rib and lobster. The lil bun in the oven kept me from eating as much as I wanted to. My son got to the point where he just wanted to go home so we did and ended the night early. It was nice to get some rest.

And then morning came, and we had to get up for work and school and get back to reality. It was actually really nice to get back to reality. Until next year….

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails