home about etsy advertising parties awards

Sunday, December 23, 2012

So very grateful…

With everything that has been going on in my life recently I need to focus on what truly great things I have to be grateful for.

I know my last post was a bit grouchy. I am having a hard time feeling the pressure of the season and Christmas quickly creeping up on us, but other than that I really truly am grateful for many things.

I thank God that my grandmother is still with us. On November 30th we were told she would not make it through the night and today she is still with us. It has been rough working 9 hour days, picking up my 3 year old and bringing him with me to the hospital every afternoon to visit and check on her. Then go home and get dinner ready and my son bathed. But the fact that she is still with us and getting stronger everyday is a miracle. Do I get worn out running around you bet, but I am just thankful for her.

I thank God for my amazing friend Miki who always unselfishly jumps in and helps us out in a bind when it come to my son. She had come to our rescue so many times in the past and this past weekend was no exception. We had our company Christmas party which includes dinner at an amazing restaurant (I’ll have to tell you about that in another post!!) and a room at the Grand Hyatt. It’s like our mini getaway once a year. At the last minute we lost our sitter and Miki was wonderful and took my son for the night. My hubs and I got to enjoy a wonderful dinner and night all to ourselves that never happens.

I’m grateful for my friends who are always there to listen when I’m having a hard time and just need someone to talk to. I’m very lucky to have a few friends that listen without judgment and to have friends who are there for me without keeping score and don’t require something in return. That’s true friends.

I am grateful for a job and although the end of the year is always stressful and being 31 weeks pregnant I struggle to be normal, I still have a job for a lot of people don’t.

I also write this because today 2 days before Christmas my husband decides to go ride trails with his friends rather than helping with crunch time and I need to focus on good or I’ll probably loose my mind and leave his things in the garage.

Well, with that being said, I’m off to clean the breakfast dishes so that I can do my baking. I hope it’s a productive day!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think it's easy to get caught up in the pressure of Christmas, which is usually mostly from within. We want everything to be perfect and get annoyed when the world doesn't cooperate. You're right, we do need to remember to be grateful. I hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails