home about etsy advertising parties awards

Thursday, July 15, 2010

A New Life for frames

So last week Friday I posted about these pix frames I picked up at a liquidation store here.
I saw a tutorial on All Things Thrifty on glazing furniture and I loved the look of it. Had to try it out!
So here is how the frames started out

I didnt buy them for the pix itself, although still in great shape, it came from a hotel and I dont need to be reminded of a place I worked years ago. I thought the frame had nice details and great potential.


So I took it appart and started to sand them and 5 mins later I gave up. I was over it! Sanding was way to tedious especially in those little crevaces. So I just put a coat of primer on it.


Then I took to the spray paint. Key Lime Green!



I'll be honest, my dad and my husband was very aprehensive. You dont even want to know the words my dad used to describe the color. LOL. I assured them that it wasnt going to look that way when I was finished.
So, now for the glazing part. The guy that helped us in the paint section of Home Depot had no idea what glazing was and said they didnt have any. I know they would have at Ace but I wasnt about to make another stop so I picked up some ebony wood stain. I painted it on and wiped it off just like how Brooke advises on her tutuorial. And drum roll please....

TADA!!!


I was so happy with the way it turned out I didnt even put a pix in the frame before I took these pix.



Thanks Brooke for the inspiration and the easy to follow tutorial!

I'm linking up to:










Visit thecsiproject.com



giveaways




Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

9 comments:

Lori said...

Very creative! I love the way they turned out.

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

Those frames have lovely architecture...I am loving the green!

Lori

P.S. I wish I lived where you do.

thriftytickle said...

What a difference! You took them from generic to funky! Thanks for linking up to Vintage Suitcase Friday!

Pervaiz said...

Thanks for sharing.
http://wofgtg.blogspot.com/
Thanks.

brandi @ tales of a domestic goddess said...

i love wild colors!! love this one!

visiting from funky junk interiors!

blakadomesticgoddess.blogspot.com

The White City Project said...

I love them...that colour is perfect!

Erin said...

I LOVE it!!! Great color choices!

Room to Inspire said...

What a great color choice! Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired last week.

Chelsea

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

I love the details on the frames! They turned out great! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails