home about etsy advertising parties awards

Monday, March 19, 2012

It's about darn time....

Pretty much since we first moved in to our home almost 5 years ago I have wanted to put up a shade over our back patio.


The back patio faces west and in the afternoons the sun is just horrible, pretty much making the back yard unusable. Well, thats just unacceptable, especially with a very active 3 yr old.

You see our backyard is fenced and what better way to keep em entertained?

Go out in the backyard and let them run off all that energy!
That's why this project has made it on my project list for 2012

So, do you remember when I told you I was so excited I could almost pee my pants?
Yay!

Yes we finally got working on our pergola, here is the before.


And after so much hard work, sweat, tears.... ok fine we hired a contractor!
(so worth it!)


I couldnt be more excited! Yay!
Still more work to be done, we have to finish the roofing and paint it, not to mention get some yard work done, yikes! Can't belive I'm actually showing this picture, yuck.

BTW, this sucker is HUGE! It really feels enormous!




Our weather is cleared up now since all of the storms and it has left our backyard all torn up. Majority of our grass died, although it looks awful right now it's not too heartbreaking since we're in the process of changing out the grass anyway.

Hey, anyone up for a painting party?



2 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks great! I bet having it so close to done is a load off your shoulders. Can't wait to see it totally done.

Yvette said...

Wow, it looks so good! Especially cause I know how hot that afternoon sun can be. Looks like you got your work cut out for you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails