home about etsy advertising parties awards

Monday, May 17, 2010

Easy Roast Dinner...

**11/17/11 UPDATE**
I'm reposting this one and linking up to


(please excuse the itsy bitsy photos, this was in the early blogging stages!)

Once again we had a lovely dinner with friends this past Saturday night. I made the easiest roast ever and wanted to share with you. Perfect for those busy days that you just cant be bothered by spending too much time cooking. It takes just a few minutes to prep and the set it in the crockpot and forget about it for a few hours. BTW, it was a hit!
Visit thecsiproject.com 
First of all I took my roasting meat and seasoned with salt and then browned it on all sides before I put it in the crock pot.

Then in the same pan I quickly sauteed the holy trinity (onion, carrots & celery) and added chopped garlic and red wine. About a couple of turns around the pan.


Dont have to sautee long since it will cook for several hours in the crock pot. Then I poured it all over the meat already in the pot and opened a can of diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and onion. You can use regular diced tomatoes or fresh diced tomatos but I have found that using the one with roasted garlic and onion just tastes sooo much better.

There you go! Set it and forget it. Depending on how much meat you have in there will determine how long to cook it. Here I cooked just over 7 lbs of meat so I cooked it on high for about 6 hrs.

When its done, I scooped out all the veggies and some of the drippings and put it in a blender.


Heres all the yummy goodness that will be come the gravy.


Blend till you get the consistency that you want. I didnt add any water or stock, if its too thick just add some of the liquid from the crockpot, its taster!

Super easy and did I mention it was a hit! And with all those veggies in it, it has to be good for you too! Didnt get a pix before dinner, we just all dug right in.
Whats your favorite Crock Pot recipe?

I'm linking to:

Recipe Round Up
Rock your recepies



Visit thecsiproject.com

1 comment:

Camille said...

Oh wow . . . that gravy looks divine! What a great way to get all your veggies in! :) Thanks for linking up to the CSI Project!
Camille
www.SixSistersStuff.com
PS We have a link party every Saturday and we would love to have you come share this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails