home about etsy advertising parties awards

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

jack of trades master of none....

Ive been a busy bee, kind of a scattered bee with all my projects.

I've been trying hard to work on my sewing projects. My goal is to open my etsy shop next month with a variety of items. Sewing is fun for me, but its so hard to find the time with a 15 month old, a full time job and a husband who works two jobs. Alone time to sew usually means giving up family time on the weekends. I've been speending about a half an hour at night when the boy goes to sleep just cutting fabric before my bed time rolls around.

I've also have two dear friends getting married in about 12 days. I'm very excited to be marrying them. I have known the groom practically all my life, we grew up just down the road from each other. And the bride has been a friend of mine since the 7th grade, we even used to work together. I performed her brother's wedding this past February. How special for a family to celebrate 2 weddings in one year!

Another project I've been putting my heart into is my neice's birthday. It's the double digits year. I cant believe she's growing into the beautiful and smart young lady. Can we just turn back time? At my son's first birthday she asked me to please help plan her party and thanks to a huge number of blogs out there like: kara's party ideas, amy atlas, bella grace party designs, tomkat studio, party box design and so many others i cant name them all...

I have the most wonderful ideas, now to pull them all off. I am planning a dessert table of course inspired by amy atlas and bakerella. Cake pops, chocolate dipped marshmallows, strawberry pocky, chocolate and strawberry cupcakes, maybe some french macarons, pink lemonaid... do you see a pattern here? She has chosen a pink and black skulls party.

Images courtesy of Birthday Party Express
I'm so excited to put it all together and even more excited to post pix of the finished product. Keep checking back her party is the end of June.

Our final project, as far as the big ones go, we are putting up a partial wall in our garage, extending our back patio and painting the house! I'm very excited to get this done. Not only does our house need a fresh coat of paint really bad but putting this wall in the garage and the patio roof in the back will allow us to more comfortably entertain our friends. I was so tired of putting a blue tacky tarp up to block the wind when we would cookout. And we have NO shade in our backyard so Im very much looking forward to extenting the roof and enjoying the backyard with my son this summer. I'm gonna pull out his picnic table and inflatable pool and get our sun on!


Well, because we belong to a community association we have to get everything approved! It wasnt as bad a process as I had expected and we actually got a response within a week. Wish I could turn around and get my father in law and the crew over to do the work and be done in a week too :-) After careful consideration on what would make us both happy and be approved by the association we finally picked our colors. Nothing exciting sorry to report, were going with Anonymous and Dark Granite. (second column in towards the bottom)

I'm gonna get a little crazy with color afterwards with flowers and a great idea from A Soft Place to Land to put curtians on the porch. Im really gonna try to bring the indors out. Now to find an outdoor chandelier and hang it before the hubby stops me! He might like it, he really likes the hanging baskets I hung on our fence after he fought me on it. "hunny i really like to look out the kitchen window and see the yellow flowers" ... i already knew he would. Why do men have to fight us???




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails