home about etsy advertising parties awards

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July Weekend Recap

I'm not a real holiday person and the 4th of July is no exception. We never really made plans but I always said since I have my son I wanted to make some new family traditions.

If you read my vent on Fawk you Friday you would also see my challenges in planning family outings.

I have to say, minus a little family drama, we had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Friday evening after dinner we jumped in the car and drove to the west side where the Pacific Missle Range Facility had a fireworks show.
We just found a spot on the side of the road and parked right there.
(best way to avoid the traffic!)
It was the first time my son saw an ariel fireworks show and he loved it... for the first 5 mins, the last 5 he could care less and wanted to search for bugs.

We did some chores and projects around the house on Saturday morning and even ran into town to do a little shopping.
That afternoon our friends from up the road took a stroll to our house with dog and baby in tow. We hung out in the yard for a bit and chatted and my son got to play with their dog. He felt like such a big boy walking their dog around.


Sunday we had planned a get together with my sister and neice. It was a while since I got to hang with my bud Charity so her family also joined us.
We had a great time! It was sooooooo needed!

We grilled some hot dogs had pop corn ran around the sprinkler and just had a great day!



Of course we were having too much fun to bring out the camera but I did get a chance to snap these pix. What I love about them is that its of all the daddies!
There were only 3 mommies; me, my sister and Charity.
The rest of the kids came with their daddies.
How cute is that? I love seeing kids with their dads.





Yesterday was a bit crazy, as my father in law ended up in the hospital.
All tests have come back ok and he did not have a stroke or heart attack and they will be releasing him today. Thank you Jesus!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

What's a holiday without a little family drama? I'm glad you had fun; hope your FIL is fully recovered soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails