home about etsy advertising parties awards

Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

I hope you have been following all that is going on with the Plantation camp that I grew up in and where my mom still lives.

I havent given an update recently and I plan to, sorry.
There has been so much and its been such a long and emotionally draining ride.

Either way we wanted to have what was possibly our last family gathering at our family home.


It turned out to be a cold and rainy day, we didnt get to go outside and hide eggs but we made the best of it and had a great Easter.

This was the first year I made my son an Easter basket.
I figured he was too young in the past and it's just not what Easter is really about.

He loved his basket and I kept it really simple.


His faves were the Spiderman watch and the box of egg dying supplies.
I dont know what they're called... I personally made a confession on my FB page that I cannot dye eggs. I wish I could enjoy it but I just can't my OCD makes me crazy sometimes!



Of course grandma to the rescue, she just loves dying Easter eggs.


She belives that kids should be allowed to play and make a mess and have fun.
I guess thats what grandmas are for... what the heck happened to me?



I do have to admit right when they come out of the little cups they look so beautiful.


Then, I'd like to know what happens?


Oh and don't even get me started on Easter grass! Yikes!
I cannot stand when I step on them on the floor!

Well.... enough of that.
We had tons and tons of food!


How beautiful is that!
And of course a few local favorites as well.


And thats just some of the stuff we picked on before we had a late lunch early dinner of turkey, stuffing, rice, gravy, roast beef, salad... my head is already spinning.

To top off the night, my son was out cold, sleeping in his own bed by 8:30!
Yay! Mommy and Daddy could clean up our kitchen, take out the trash and fold laundry as we watched GCB!

Hope you all had a great Easter as well!






1 comment:

Jessica said...

Looks like he had a lot of fun! Your egg dying looks so orderly, ours ended up with dye everywhere. Luckily it cleans up easily. We do simple baskets, too. The kids don't care as long as there's candy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails