home about etsy advertising parties awards

Friday, August 6, 2010

Aloha Friday... Time for a cocktail...

Actually this weekend is too busy to sit back and unwind with a cocktial. Ive got rehersal for the wedding tomorrow at 5:30 pm and of course helping with the last minute items.

Buuuutt... next weekend I have already scheduled much needed girl friend time that includes...
BASIL MOJITOS!!!

photo courtesy of gourmet

Doesnt that just scream cool, clean and refreshing on a hot summer day?! Can't you just imagine sitting on your porch sipping this? Well, Im sooooo looking forward to it next weekend let me tell you!

My garden is going off with sweet basil and mint
 (i got the mint as a tiny lil plant at a garage sale for 25 cents - best investment ever!)
Mint is a more versatile plant than I ever imagined, did you know you can use mint to keep ants
 away naturally? (I hate ants with a passion!)

Anyway, Im getting off track here, so here is my receipe:

First of all you should make your own simple syrup, its simple just like the name says.
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
in a sauce pan boil water and sugar and simmer until its dissolved. Set aside to cool.
Simple right? Told you!

Ok on to the mojito.

In a glass put maybe 5 leaves of basil and 2 leaves of mint.
You can add about 1-2 tsp of lime into the glass and
Muddle for a little bit, do a little dance, make a little love...sorry
Then add about 3 tbs of your simple syrup (more if you like it sweeter)
a shot of light rum of your choice
and fill the rest with soda water and ice.

It already looks pretty but you can add a slice of lime to pretty it up even more.

Now grab your glass, your girlfriend and a chair on the porch and ENJOY!
Thats what I'll be doing next weekend :-)


4 comments:

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Mmmmm, that looks (and sounds) so good! :) Thanks for sharing!!!

Signing Out said...

Sounds yummy! I'm going to try this one.

Jane

Room to Inspire said...

Ooo, this looks fabulous! I will have to give this drink a try...soon!

Chelsea

Christina said...

Oooh I just saw this...I WILL do this before summer is over!! Looks soooo good! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails