home about etsy advertising parties awards

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Chair redo for craft desk

Thanks for being patient when I catch up around here!
So without further ado... here is one of the projects Ive been wanting to share.

A while ago I got this entryway table from craigslist that came with a couple of chairs.
Just like the table they were pretty beaten up.
I got the table and chairs for $40 so pretty good deal I would say.



I took the dirty cushion off and found another old one under it! I took that one off as well and sanded the chair down.
(please excuse the crooked pix, I just cant for the life of me fix it)

Apparently I forgot to take pictures of the sanding and spray painting process, but I'm sure you guys can imagine it.

Sand - dust - spray paint
Then I took some left over fabric from a sewing project you must stay tunned for...


I layed the cushion I removed on the fabric and just cut around it.
Then I stapled it to the foam and board.
Ok, I didnt staple it, the wood was just tooooo hard!
Even my hubby couldnt get the staples through!


See!
My friend's hubby came from up the road to my rescue!
He's a big strong guy.
He got the staples in finally and even he had some issues!
Then I screwed the seat back on the chair and tada!!

(singing)
Isnt she lovely, isnt she wonderful....

So... after all of this and I put it together, THEN I realized I didnt check to see how I linned up the fabric on the seat cushion!
DUH!
Oh well, I still really like it!

Here is a view from the hallway, see how the colors flow all the way to the front door?
And the print kinda matches my welcome mat too!


Ok, I'm being real here... this is what this desk has been looking like for some time. Getting the chair done has finally put my butt in gear to clean it up.


Now I finally have my little space to work!
And as you can see, I was just getting ready to do some sewing in my spot!
Got a nice view right outside my window and ready to tackle my projects!


I'll be linking to the parties at the bottom of my page and found {HERE} as well.

today's creative blog

10 comments:

Yvette said...

Beautiful! I love it!!! Now your desk is clear for some eBay listing ;)

Mynn xx said...

This is gorgeous!!! LOVE the fabric you chose! Found you via link party!!!

Jennifer @ Bleu Pom said...

Gorgeous! Where did you get the fabric?? Found you via link party.

Jennifer

http://justagurlintheworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/how-to-make-custom-wall-art.html

Chrissy said...

I love the colors you picked!! Very nice!!

Sherry said...

Nice job, like the colors and how they blend in with rest of house. I'm a new follower, please drop by for a visit when you can.

Nikki Monet said...

Perfectly done! Beautiful. New follower here. Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my link party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-10.html

Have a great week!!

Sarah Yoder said...

This turned out lovely! Nice work.

WhyCuzICan said...

Sweet and simple makeovers can sometimes give the most impact... like YOUR lovely redo of the chair seat. (Lovin' that fab too)

Thanks for sharing :D

Visiting from Refresh Your Nest linky party at Making Lemonade's blog.

Smiles,
Suzanne in NW Illinois

Unknown said...

I love this chair and the transformation! Well done! Also, I'm your newest follower, can't wait to see whats next!

Carrie said...

I LOVE that fabric! The chair turned out great. Girl, you are motivating me to look on Craig's List...

Thanks for linking up to Refresh Your Nest Friday, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails