home about etsy advertising parties awards

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Live, Laugh, Love....

10 years ago today I married my best friend.
The man that I live for, laugh with and love deeply.

It's been a whirlwind last 10 years let me tell you. It's been great, but it isnt always wonderful.
We have our ups and downs, our trials and tribulations,
but we always come out ahead and stronger than before.

Last night before bed we read our daily devotional from The book Moments Together for Couples.
It was about couples that forget how to be together for more than just love. It talked about couples who face a tragedy or death of a child satistically divorce 75% of the time after 5 years.
I found that terrible and so sad. In all our years of marriage and even before, when tragedy hit we turned to each other for comfort and strength. Maybe thats why here we are after 10 years.

I thank God for being a part of each others life and all that he has brought to us and brought us through.

I dropped my hubs off at work this am and as I was driving away this is what I saw.


I pulled over to get a quick shot... only one quick one though otherwise I'd be late for work!



It just reminds me to be greatful for all the simple things in life that we are blessed with.

XOXOXO


ps, incase youre interested heres ther book


I linked up

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love this post. And I think I need that book. It's so true, it's extremely important to take a moment (or many moments!) to tell your spouse how much you appreciate them. When we brought our daughter home from the NICU, a nurse told us that 50% of parents of special needs kids get divorced. We were like, "that's SO not us! You don't know us!" But then we didn't get any sleep for 3 months straight, had medical bills arriving daily, and my husband had to travel for work. STRESS! In those moments, we had to stop and remind ourselves that this too will pass. In the end, it made our relationship that much stronger.

Thanks for linking to the post on my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails