home about etsy advertising parties awards

Friday, September 24, 2010

Bookcovers

I dont know what it is, maybe its the OCD in me.
Maybe I've been reading too many wonderful blogs.
Maybe its too much HGTV.
Whatever it is, Im driving my poor hubby nuts.
Sorry babe, you'll get used to it.

So the other night, I'm lying in bed waiting for the hubs to get out of the shower and I roll over and I face his side of the bed. We have this little wall that we put up some shelves so it didnt look so bare.
This is what I was looking at


Nothing spectacular just some nicknacks and our couples divotional books.
(thats us on our wedding day 10 years ago!)

So orignally our bedroom was brown, on brown, on tan, on cream, on blah...
I liked it at first and it was the look I was going for but it seemed to dull after a while.
Slowly by slowly starting with my temporary vinyl art I started introducing green into the mix.

So do you see from this pix, what could possibly be driving me insane??
Heres a closer look



The different colored books!
Hahaha.
The blue and yellow and pink was making me nuts. Such a small thing and I couldnt stop thinking about it.
Of course the hubs came out of the shower and told me to get over it, yea easier said than done!

So, of course the next day I had to go to our craft store and pick up these



Just a few sheets of scrapbook paper. This was gonna be my super cheap fix, they were just $1 each.
I covered them just like we did our books in high school and the brown paper bags.


(bad lighting I know, but its late and my room is dark)

See just like highschool, and Yes, Im also reading Kelly Cutrone's book.
Its very She-ra.



Tada! My books now match my decor.
Is that going too far?
Have I lost my mind?



But I really like that it matches.



I dont care if my hubs thinks Im insane.... whats insane is that he still hasnt painted that little hole he patched like 3 months ago. Thats insane!
HAHAHA

What do you guys think?

Im linking to:





8 comments:

lola + love said...

Thats GENIUS!!!! Im in love and I heart Green and Brown!!

Unknown said...

Found you on the New Friend Friday Blog Hop. Love the idea you have posted here. I looked through your blog and love all the craft and recipe ideas. Definitely going to follow ya :)

Angela
http://csahm.webs.com/apps/blog/

Kathleen said...

Love the book covers. I'm definitely going to try this! Thanks for sharing.
I'm glad to have found you on the New Friend Friday Follow.

Throw Open the Windows said...

Visiting from NFF. I never thought I had OCD, but I am totally with you on the different colored books and I LOVE your fix for it. It makes me want to pull the books out of my nightstand and actually display them (after I cover them of course). :)
Rebecca

Megan Gunyan said...

Not OCD---BRILLIANT! Love this idea. So simple and easy to make a decorating change! And the color scheme is so clean now! Great idea! Thank you SO much for linking up this week, Rhiannon!
Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

I love the way the books look now. What a great idea! I stopped by from New Friend Friday.

Krista @ While He Was Napping said...

Those are really cute. And it's great that they are books you actually read... not just a decor thing. Two birds, one stone kinda thing. I like it. Came over from Remodelaholic.

Krista
whilehewasnapping.blogspot.com

stef said...

Love the green you choose...just lovely! Found you via NFF

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails