home about etsy advertising parties awards

Friday, May 13, 2011

Cheesy Bacon Bread

Damn you blogger... I had this post all ready to go, I was actually on it and keeping up with my posts and you just had to throw a wrench in it didnt you?
Oh well, life goes on and we roll with the punches right?

So last weekend we were heading out to a potluck and of course seriouslly running out of time and I had no idea what to make!

I usually dont like to experiment right before I have to actually serve it to people, I mean what if it's really bad?
Well, this recipe calls for bacon and I guess how bad can anything turn out with Bacon?
Am I right?

Ok so I got 3 cans of buttermilk biscuts, I know biscuts in a can it just sounds weird.
I cut them in quarters and put them in a bowl.


In the bowl I put two scoops of sour cream, a splash of milk and one egg all beaten togther.


Then shread a block of cheese and add to the bowl and a few green onions for some color and a bit of taste. I did not add the entire block of cheese at this point, I will never leave out cheese again! Use all of the cheese, to me cheeser is always better.


Then fry, bake, micro however you choose to cook your bacon. Just a few slices or more if you wish. I think I made 4-5 slices. Then chop them up and thow them in the bowl as well.


Toss everything together so it mixes well and the milk, sour cream and egg mixture coat the biscut pieces. At this time season to taste as well.
Pour into a greased pan and bake as the directions say on the can of biscuts.


Keep an eye on it because it may take a little longer to bake, make sure you dont under cook it or forget its in the oven while you pack your cooler and over cook it like I did.


But dont worry, with all that bacon and cheese in there, it ended up just fine!
 

I'm linking to the paries {HERE}





2 comments:

Yvette said...

Yummo that looks really really good! I'll have to try it sometime soon. We always make coconut biscuits with coconut milk and sugar....I swear those things are addicting.

Amy H. said...

WOW thanks for sharing! Sounds amazing, I heart bacon.

Hope to see you linking up next week!
Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails