home about etsy advertising parties awards

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our day trip to the North Shore *Linky Party*

I'm ashamed to admit that its been almost 3 years since we went down to the North Shore of our island. It feels like a long drive and you have to make a day out of it. Those of you who commute are probably laughing at me right now, but it's about 50 miles.

Since it was a long weekend, we decided to pack a lunch and make the drive.
It was so beautiful, despite the rainy weather.


The Hanalei Taro fields right off the side of the road.


Hanalei Pier is where we stopped for lunch and some play time in the sand.


We walked to the pier and my son tried to find fish. No such luck, you couldnt even see the bottom from all the rain we have been having.


Do you recognize this picture??


Need a hint?


It was pretty rainy and we couldnt stay on the beach for very long with out a huge down pour coming down on us, but it did make pretty waterfalls.


I had to climb under the pier and get this shot.
I was so bummed that I had forgotten my good camera that day.


After the rain we decided to drive further to the end of the road and check out the sights.


This is one of two wet caves off the side of the road. I've actually been swimming in one of them. Ice cold mountain water! 


This is a pretty little swimming hole just off the side of the road.


Even with the rain it was a gorgeous day!
We had a great time with our little family.

I'm so thankful to have the chance to do this.
What did you guys get to do this holiday weekend?

Link up and tell us what you guys did!





2 comments:

Meddie said...

Awww I miss driving out to the North Shore! Sounds like you guys had fun despite the weather.

Shell said...

What gorgeous pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails