home about etsy advertising parties awards

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Dinner at the Homeless Shelter and Thankful Tuesday Linky Party

I have been MIA this past week but I'm back and trying to catch up.
Lets see... what have I been up to...

wrapping napkins and spoons for the soup
(btw, do you see my little friend, I finally got a crock yay)
Last week Friday my dad and I went to the transitional housing project and brought dinner to the homeless. It was such a wonderful, humbling and fufulling experience I've had in a long time.

We brought a huge pot of Portuguese Bean Soup, warm dinner rolls with butter, lemonaid and even cookies for dessert. The people in the shelter were all so nice and appreciative.
There was a woman and her child, very smart boy and very polite and it just broke my heart as a mother. Sometime you really have to slow down from your busy life and do something for someone who is less fortunate.

Life can be tough and we're all struggling in our on way and fighting our own battle. When you take the time to think about what you have and what others don't life doesnt seem that bad anymore.

I went home and even if it was messy I was glad to have my home. I took a hot shower and thanked God that I had the chance to do so. I went to work the next day, happy and greatful that I had a job to go to that helps me to pay my mortgage.

So, as every  most Tuesdays, I ask you all, what are you thankful for?
It doesn't have to be a story like mine, it can be as easy and simple as Im thankful I finally finished my project, I'm thankful I didnt get a ticket whatever it is share it with us.

And one more thing... I'm thankful for all 'yall who take the time to stop by and check out my ramblings.


3 comments:

Shanae Branham said...

Hi Erika,
I really enjoyed reading your perspective on being grateful for your home,shower and job. It made me think about my home. I sit here blogging in a mess I should of picked up, but instead I'm visiting you and I feel grateful for the opportunity to have a home. I am grateful for the people who inhabit my home.

Is this linking party every Tuesday? I will have to join next Tuesday.
Cheers,
Shanae

Meddie said...

LOVE IT RHI!!!! That is such a great story! I'm so proud of you! I am thankful for all my family and friends in my life. I am also grateful to be a mother. I never thought I'd be one and now I can't imagine my life without my daughter. She is so precious to me and I just want the best for her.

Jessica said...

What a great story, and so true that we should remember the little things more often.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails