home about etsy advertising parties awards

Monday, August 15, 2011

Mama got a new sewing/craft desk... and a front door to match

A while back I picked up a desk from craigslist for $25.
It was solid wood and a steal!
I liked it cause it was nice and long. I figured it would be perfect for my sewing and cricut projects.

I unfortunately dont have a good before pix, if I do, I can't find it.
You can kinda see it {here}  and {here}. You can see in the second post about my growth chart how nice it is to have the long desk with the cricut.

So it started off that pale wood color.
Not working for me.
So I used some left over paint and spruced it up a bit.

(grey from my kitchen walls and the green from my end table)



I also changed the knobs on them from a dull boring plain wood knob to these I picked up from Home Depot for around $1.35 each.
The design reminded me of my new welcome mat.


And now it all goes together and matches my front door.
And yes, thanks to Nikki who pointed out, it seems like my HOA has won this battle... but don't you worry... I will stick it to them again! LOL



We spent a lot of time playing this weekend and just walking away from all our projects. I feel like we are just so behind but it was sooo well worth it to play and have some family time together. Can't wait to tell you guys all about it... a few posts will follow since I took a TON of pix!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails