home about etsy advertising parties awards

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Karma

Back in August I met an amazing woman. It was just for a few brief minutes and she was just a good samaritan who returned my lost wallet.
We were rushing off to my husband's family reunion and stopped at the store for the bbq and then made a quick stop at the bank to drop off a deposit. When we left the bank I put my wallet on the railing of the truck bed and when we drove off it fell into the road.

About a half hour later I got a call from my boss.
He said he got a call from a woman who found my wallet. She looked through my wallet and the only info she could find other than my name was my company credit card with the company name on it. She called the office and the answering machine gives my boss's cell number incase of emergencies. She called him and told him she found my wallet.
I called her and she was soooo sweet and I couldnt express to her how much I appreciated her making all that effort to return my wallet. She said her daugher once lost her wallet and she knows how it feels. We met up with her within 10 mins and I had my wallet back.

I tried giving her money and buying her lunch and she refused saying it was karma. She belived that when you do good things for people good things come back to you.
All I could give her was my thanks and a huge hug.

Today I just found out that she was diagnosed with stage 3 cervical cancer.
My heart goes out to her and her family.
My hubby came to my work place to bring me this bracelet that they are selling for $5 to help her and her family with the medical costs they have accumulated since starting radiation treatments.




If any of you want to help her and her family, email me at collectionsfrommyheart (at) gmail (dot) com I will be happy to mail a bracelet to you. Or if you would like to give any type of donation monetary or gifts they will also be holding a fundraiser softball tournament in August.

I belive that God will truly bless and heal this amazing woman!

2 comments:

Shar 'Choo' Iseri said...

As I sit here in tears I truly remember that day. I remember telling my family that our plans were secondary to finding you and returning your lost item. THANK YOU so much Rhiannon for validating that KARMA is real. How you live your life day to day really does matter. And when you do something great from the heart, people do remember. And let's not forget that you too must be a wonderful and amazing daughter, mother and wife or KARMA wouldn't have found you and blessed you that day. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Shar 'Choo' Iseri

Emmy said...

Oh I wish I would have read this back in March! Gave me chills. I hope and pray the best for her

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails